Food and Water
This race is a self-supported event, this means all runners will have to carry all own supplies. At Balloch CP 6 the race does allow for seconding water and food (cooked stew) will be provided from 16:00 (100km only). This is over and above what your seconds supply to refuel you.
Balloch is the only point were seconding is allowed and family and friends can actually see the athletes. Balloch is very secluded and has no communication at all…. NB! NO CELL PHONES WORK AT BALLOCH OR FINISH AREA! We will provide a shuttle service in and out the farm for seconds. No vehicles will be allowed beyond the farm entrance.
Bag Drop Detail
The race will provide a bag drop service. All bags must be clearly marked with runners name and number. These bags must be placed by runners in the dedicated bag drop trailer (separate for Balloch & Finish). All bags will be laid out at the CP point as you enter the Balloch CP and directly at the finish line at Wartrail Country Club
SkyRun is organised by Pure Adventures. The participants of this event have to know and accept the current regulations and agree to adhere to, without reservation, the ethical charter which covers the entirety of the event, namely equity, respect for other people and the environment, mutualaid and solidarity. These are the fundamental principles directing the organisation
1. Ensure race bib and number are clearly visible.
2. Present yourself physically to the CP marshall and ensure that your race number and time are recorded.
3. Do not shout out your race number from a distance and pass the Control Point.
4. Participants who do not present themselves to the CP marshall risk disqualification.
5. Any participant who fails to check in at a CP and who leaves the route without assistance or informing Race HQ shall be deemed lost and in the event of that participant not following the race protocol will be held liable for any costs involved in the search and rescue operation to find them.
Supplied By The Organisation
1. Race number.
2. Goodie bag with event info and giveaways.
3. Event garment.
4. A descriptive race guide of the itinerary.
5. A file of tracks and way- points to download onto personal GPS devices.
6. Meals and/or snacks at the following CPs: Balloch (CP6) from 16:00 (100km); Edgehill (CP7); The Turn (CP8); the Wartrail CC (FINISH).
7. Medics en route at certain CPs identified namely: CP3 (SNOWDEN); CP4 (AVOCA); CP7(EDGEHILL); CP8 (THE TURN); FINISH.
8. COMPULSORY medical control point at CP6 (Balloch) 100km only where medical check will be conducted on all full distance participants to determine status to continue.
9. Event finishers medal for all distance finishers. 100km and 65km get a finishers garment.