We are hosting 2 Skyrun training camps in the last half of 2017, please find the detail of camps below. We strongly recommend that you attend one of these camps if you are a “SKYRUN VIRGIN” as this will give you a real insight to the race, route and what to expect come that 3rd weekend in November; we call Skyrun weekend! #HellofARun
The dates for the 2 training camps, first on 9th – 10th Sept and the second on 7th – 8th October. This email is really about giving you dates and a heads up so you can add to your training plans etc. We will accept people onto the training camps up to 2 weeks prior to each camp-taking place or when they are full, each camp limited to 80 pax.
Some of Salomon South Africa’s Athletes will attend the camps to give expert advice on the route and how to approach the race. The weekend is designed as an interaction between runners of all ability levels so that the first timers can learn from the more experience SkyRunners. All our Major Sponsors like Salomon and Suunto will be represented, giving advice on their gear and how to get the most out of the ghear on the race. The Skyrun Being a self-support, self-navigational event, understanding your apparel and how to maximise its use in that high mountains or getting the most out of your navigational device in oder to take the shortest possible route are key’s to a good race come that 3rd weekend in November we call Skyrun Weekend!
The cost is R 1100 per person per training camp and includes:
- Meal Lady Grey evening before with briefing and discussion from Skyrun “experts” and some product sharing knowledge on what works and doesn’t for this event.
- Camping and Meal at Balloch cave Sat night.( must bring you own tent) Limited Accommodation available in farm house on a first come first serve basis. Call Margy on 0459749228 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transport of gear and clothing etc. from Lady grey to Balloch/Wartrail CC.
- Transport from Finish line to Lady Grey
- Conservancy Fee to traverse the route
- GPS track route of best options for race day (must supply your own GPS unit)
- We will split you up into different levels of speed, so we will have beginners, intermediate and Elite grouping. I must stress this is a Training camp, so everything happens at about 75% of racing pace. This ensures you can get to know the route, terrain and your body at altitude.
- Accommodation in LG on Friday night.
- Breakfast on both days
- Food for while you on the mountain
- Compulsory gear for mountain as per list to be supplied
- The Wartrail CC will be open on Sunday for a shower and they will serve
Boerrierolls and beers for purchase after the camp
We will be splitting the groups up depending on numbers and interest into Elite, Intermediate and beginners and these will be guided by a Skyrun “expert” who will operate at the pace of the individual groups and impart their vast knowledge of the race and route onto the participants.
To book please deposit the R1100 into our bank account Pure Adventures, Standard Bank, Acc: 240466543, BC:051001 and Please send POP (Proof Of Payment) To Michael@pureadventures.co.za stating your level of competence and I will confirm back to you with the final detail.
Please send POP (Proof Of Payment) To Michael@pureadventures.co.za