K-Way SkyRun Training Camp
10th, 11th & 12th September 2021
We are hosting 1 K-Way Skyrun training camp in the last half of 2021 please find the detail of the camp below. We strongly recommend that you attend the camp if you are a “SKYRUN VIRGIN” as this will give you a real insight to the race, route and what to expect come that 3rd weekend in November; we call Skyrun weekend! #HellofARun
The date for the training camp, is on the 10th, 11th & 12th Sept. We will accept people onto the training camp up to 2 weeks prior to the camp-taking place or when it is full, the camp is limited to 80 pax.
Some of South Africa’s Elite Athletes will attend the camps to give expert advice on the route and how to approach the race. The weekend is designed as an interaction between runners of all ability levels so that the first-timers can learn from the more experience SkyRunners. All our Major Sponsors will be represented, giving advice on their gear and how to get the most out of the gear on the race. The Skyrun Being a self-support, self-navigational event, understanding your apparel and how to maximise its use in that high mountains or getting the most out of your navigational device in order to take the shortest possible route are key’s to a good race come that 3rd weekend in November we call Skyrun Weekend!
The cost is R 1400 per person per training camp and includes:
- Meal Lady Grey evening before with briefing and discussion from Skyrun “experts” and some product sharing knowledge on what works and doesn’t for this event.
- Camping and Meal at Balloch cave Sat night. (Must bring your own tent) Limited Accommodation available in the farmhouse on a first come first serve basis. Call Margy on 0459749228 or mail email@example.com.
- Transport of gear and clothing etc. from Lady grey to Balloch/Wartrail CC.
- Transport from Finish line to Lady Grey
- GPS track route of best options for race day (must supply your own GPS unit)
- We will split you up into different levels of speed, so we will have beginners, intermediate and Elite grouping. I must stress this is a Training camp, so everything happens at about 75% of racing pace. This ensures you can get to know the route, terrain and your body at altitude.
- Accommodation in LG on Friday night.
- Breakfast on both days
- Food for while you on the mountain
- Compulsory gear for mountain as per list to be supplied
- The Wartrail CC will be open on Sunday for a shower and they will serve
Boerrierolls and beers for purchase after the camp