18th & 19th
9th & 10th
7th & 8th
We are hosting 3 Skyrun training camps in 2017, please find the detail of camps below. We strongly recommend that you attend one of these camps if you are a “SKYRUN VIRGIN” as this will give you a real insight to the race, route and what to expect come that 3rd weekend in November; we call Skyrun weekend! #HellofARun
The dates for the 3 training camps, first on 18th – 19th March, second on 9th – 10th Sept and the last 7th – 8th October. This email is really about giving you dates and a heads up so you can add to your training plans etc. We will accept people onto the training camps up to 2 weeks prior to each camp taking place.
The cost is R 1100 per person per training camp and includes:
- Meal Lady Grey evening before with briefing and discussion from Skyrun “experts” and some product sharing knowledge on what works and doesn’t for this event.
- Camping and Meal at Balloch cave Sat night.( must bring you own tent) Limited Accom available in farm house on a first come first serve basis. Call Margy on 0459749228 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transport of gear and clothing etc. from Lady grey to Balloch/Wartrail CC.
- Transport from Finish line to Lady Grey
- Conservancy Fee to traverse the route
- GPS track route of best options for race day (must supply you own GPS unit)
- We will split you up into different levels of speed, so we will have a beginners, intermediate and Elite grouping. I must stress this is a Training camp so everything happens at about 75% of racing pace so you can get to know the route, terrain and your body at altitude.
- Accom in LG on Friday night.
- Food for while you on the mountain
- Compulsory gear for mountain as per list to be supplied
- The Wartrail CC will be open on Sunday for a shower and they will serve Boerrie rolls and beers for purchase after the camp
We will be splitting the groups up depending on numbers and interest into Elite, Intermediate and beginners and these will be guided by a Skyrun “expert” who will operate at the pace of the individual groups and impart their vast knowledge of the race and route onto the participants.
To book please deposit the R1100 into our bank account Pure Adventures, Standard Bank, Acc: 240466543, BC:055534 and mail me the POP stating your level of competence and I will confirm back to you with the final detail.